The Holidays

Thanksgiving is coming up. I will actually have it off for the first time in years. I have the day all planned out. Up bright and early at 5 am to start getting the turkey ready. I'll be baking pies all week (I plan on giving some out to co-workers and neighbors). We'll be buying a real tree this year, we will most likely be decorating it on Thanksgiving. We've been stashing money all year for Christmas. I'm super excited, but even more than that, the kids will be super excited. It's been 3 years since we've been able to do Christmas properly, and now we've finally gotten into a position where we can.

Along with the Holidays, comes the family stress. I have tried to tell people that I don't care what my family says anymore, but they like to stir the pot. Apparently I am still "lying" about my family. Whatever. Listen, I have nothing to be ashamed of, I have never lied, if my family wanted to keep the skeletons in the closet, they should never have lied about me. I hate when people say shit that isn't true. I have NEVER lied about my family, the truth is always more fun. Too bad they can't get that through their thick skulls. Oh well.

The kids are doing awesome. Buddy broke his wrist at the end of September, then I pulled my ACL a week later. It's still not healed and L&I seems to be dragging their feet. I can't stand on it for long periods of time without it hurting. It never feels stable, and frankly I wish they would just fix it one way or another. I am going on two months of the damn injury and it's driving me nuts. :( Buddy got his cast off on Halloween... lucky kid. Well, that's it for now. I know not much, but I got promoted two weeks ago and got put into a brand new store, so while we've been working out the kinks (seriously, the store only opened two weeks ago) my boss and I have been pulling LONG days and longer weeks. ( She's had more days off than me though).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackson Hewitt is NOT the place to go to get your taxes done anymore

I Hate My Job... Old post recycled from 8/24/14 AKA The ugly truth about customer service over the phone

Things are looking up!