I read the entirety of Chelsea Manning's Wikipedia page and I don't know whether or not I can decide if she is the heroine, or villainess of her story. Manning had a hard life for sure, two alcoholic parents, being born in the wrong body, suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome, the list goes on. I think a lot of her issues stemmed from feeling like she couldn't be who she was, and while in the Army, being forced to be something she wasn't. Being bullied because some men felt so threatened in their own masculinity, that they couldn't let her be who she was. Toxic masculinity at it's finest folks. But, we as Americans deserve to know what is going on within our own country, and what our government is doing in these wars drummed up by people who themselves refuse to (or fake bone spurs to get out of) serve/ing in. I mean, after all, it is OUR money that pays for these wars, so why shouldn't we be privy to the ugly details? Was she really putting innocent pe...
Comments
Post a Comment